Friday, May 23, 2008

Chapman Family

My heart hurts so much as I write about this. When I heard about it yesterday tears immediately filled my eyes. I have heard it said so many times that even though we don't know them personally we feel like we do because of the fact that he has been a part of my life for so long. Its amazing that someone can enter our hearts through an avenue of music in such an intimate way. I remember being in high school sitting on my bedroom floor bawling my eyes out to His Strength is Perfect on one of those days where I felt the pressure of parents, school and friends and found that I could not meet everyone's expectations. I remember the sense of relief that flooded me as the words carved a place in my heart telling me that I didn't have to meet them.
Since then so many of his songs have spoken such truth, comfort and joy into my life. "How Do I Love This Woman?" was played at our engagement. "His Strength is Perfect" was played at my wedding. "Cinderella" was played for my husband this Valentine's day as I had Hailey meet him at the door in an oversized Cinderella dress with a sign that said "Dance with me Daddy".
Living as a part of the Nashville community makes you feel closer as well.
My heart hurts so deeply for him today. I cannot imagine the utter devestation that must be threatening to overwhelm him and Mary Beth. You know I have heard it said that Satan only attacks those who are making a difference. Not only are they making a difference here in the states, but they are breaking light into one of Satan's strongholds and one of the darkest countries, China. Oh, the truth that we have to rely on though that the grave has already been conquered! Death is swallowed up in victory! Jesus sits and weeps with them. He feels every tear that falls to the ground and yet he is not pacing the floor of heaven ringing his hands saying "Oh no, I wasn't expecting this. What now?" He stands in utter control and offers grace and peace in a situation where there is no grace or peace to be found.
Father God, be Lord to them. May Satan's attacks be banished from their family in the name of Jesus Christ! May they find in You their only strong tower! Their hope when no one else is there! Jesus, that seems to be the only word that I can pray, Jesus. Lord, may they feel the hope and prayers of all those they have ever encouraged. May it be so Lord! Amen.

No comments: