Monday, March 31, 2008

Testing Time...in more than one way

This week is probably the quietest you will ever hear an elementary school. Standardized tests bring out the fear in teachers and in children. Its making me ultra sleepy this morning and especially since I don't have any kids until 10:30. Its a nice quiet break and the Lord seems to always provide quiet times when he knows I need to focus in on him for something. Many times I don't know what the something is but when I start in on my time with Him I usually realize why he provides the few minutes of stillness. This morning when I looked at the passage to read in the Bibly study I am doing (which is amazing by the way) I knew exactly why the Lord had provided such a still place for me. It was the passage about worry in Luke 12. Now I admit that at times I am a worrier. There are times when I want to fix everything, see that I can't and become quickly overwhelmed. The Lord has taught me so much about this in the past few months and today was just a continuation of that. Beth Moore said this in my study today...
"We're never going to overcome worry by eliminating reasons to worry. God wills that we overcome worry even when we are overwhelmed with reasons to worry."
That thought hit me hard today. I guess when I turn everything over to God I just expect the reasons to worry to disappear, but as long as we are here that will never happen. God just wants us to turn the worries over to Him. How many times have I told my kids "Don't worry about all that. You just do what you are supposed to and I will take care of everything else." Oh how I believe that God wants to speak that into our lives today! He wants to look at us just like I look at my students and remind us just to do what we know that we have to and to let Someone who knows more take care of everything else! That is such an awesome reassurance.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing that! I SO needed that reminder today! I love you so much and miss you like crazy. Praying for you!